There are many reasons for deactivate and delete facebook account. Few of them – The Facebook application itself sucks, Facebook is not technically competent enough to be trusted, Private data is shared with applications, Facebook’s Terms Of Service are completely one-sided, Facebook’s CEO has a documented history of unethical behavior..
If you feel unsafe in facebook you can deactivate or permanently delete you facebook account. See here, how to deactivate and permanently delete your facebook account??
A: Deactivate Account:
1. Login your facebook account2. click “Account” and then “Account Setting”
3. Now you will get another page and then click “deactivate” for deactivate your account
4. Fill the requirements and click “Confirm”
5. Now, put your password and click “Confirm” for deactivate your account.
B. Permanently Delete: If you wants to permanently delete your facebook account do the following….
1 Visit http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account
2. Now following the instruction from the following picture
Select what you wants. If you wants to back, i suggest you to choose the deactivate option.