According to the basic description, SMS marketing is more like sending promotional campaigns or even the transactional messages for any kid of marketing purposes using the field of text messages. These messages are mainly meant for communicating some of the time sensitive offers, alerts and updates for people who have already consented to receive these SMSs from businesses. Sometimes, this definition might sound a bit complicated. Therefore, it is mandatory to get these points straight before addressing any further use of this service.
It is no mystery to state that developing relationships with customers will definitely take some work. If you are planning to reach customers then you can’t just wait for them to come to you. You need to be quite proactive in that manner and follow them. Now, you cannot be expected to visit each customer personally and knocking at their doors, as it is sheer madness. But, you can easily do the next best thing in your mind, which is texting!
As people are way more attracted to phones these days, therefore; text messages are becoming the direct line of contact. It has made txt message marketing or even SMS marketing one effective communicating form with customers, whenever done in a correct manner. So, learning the tactics well might help you with church texting at the same time. It is a great and proven way to get your words around.
Ensure that your contacts have asked for it:
Text message is rather effective and direct communication line to customers. But, there are multiple rules that you might want to consider whenever planning the present SMS marketing strategy. The most important and primary factor is mostly receiving permission from contacts just to send them your SMSs. SMS is known to have extremely high and open rate, but this is not going to help you much if you are sending messages to people who don’t even want to interact without on the first place. If that wasn’t enough, it is sure for you to know that opt-in is widely required in most of the countries.
Always be mindful of timing your messages:
Unlike the field of email, which is just by checking few times daily at the most, people always open text messages immediately when they get it. This is a great medium for all those urgent messages but you just don’t want to misuse the power by disturbing contacts at just odd hours of the day.
- No one will run out at 2 in the morning after receiving a coupon based SMS from your business. So, you have to be very specific about the time when you are sending the SMS.
- Some countries will even have laws about when you can actually send marketing based text messages. For example, you have France, which will not allow the art of SMS marketing on holidays, Sundays or any time after the 10PM deadline.
Avoid forgetting to include the company’s name:
Whenever you are sending bulk SMS messages, most of the providers will send them through any short code. It means that the contacts won’t even know it is coming right from you. This is the reason for you to let your contacts know that you are the one sending that message to them. After all, you don’t want our customers to have coupons and not even know where they have to go to get the coupon counted right?
Use SMS medium for complementing rest of digital marketing strategies:
The perfect beauty of this digital marketing is that there are multiple channels that you can actually use for interacting with customers. These channels are mostly tied together for creating marketing communication based system.
- This system mainly enables businesses to create relationships with the customers and further leading them to a greater scale.
- Email marketing and SMS are mainly two channels that are quite complementary.
- You have the right to create campaigns through both of the channels using email for just including detailed information and even SMS for communicating some of the urgent and time sensitive information.
Effective nature associated with SMS marketing:
SMS is always stated as one of the most useful form of marketing channels at disposal. Now, this is for so many reasons. It is really important for you to know about these points before getting into any result.
- Ubiquity of the smartphones: With around three quarters of US population just owning smartphones, SMS has proven to be one excellent channel to reach customers in a direct manner. By just adding link in the current text, you can always drive engagement with the current business online.
- Close the current email marketing loop: Even though SMS and email marketing has multiple similarities in this field of strategy implementation, they are likely to work quite best in tandem. As it has been mentioned earlier, you can always use SMS for sending instant notifications while the emails might have some long formed contents in them.
- Higher engagement rates at your service: SMS engagement rates are often considered to be astronomical when compared to the field of email. It comes with around 90% of SMS messages, which are read within 3 minutes of just receiving them in the phone. It clearly makes SMS to be quite helpful in proficiently delivering some critical information with higher success rate.
- Great value for the emerging markets: In case the business is trying to operate in countries where data is known to be expensive and Wi Fi is not that common, SMS is always a better channel for communicating some valid information.
Working in the best way:
Through SMS marketing, you can easily improve the working quotient of your business. Whether big or a small brand name, anyone can take advantage of this smooth communicating channel with ease. The best part is that you don’t have to be a technical pro to use this type of digital marketing experience now. With a little bit of knowledge, you can let this service work for you just great.
Author bio – Andrew Thompson is an experienced blogger who has written articles for several renowned blogs and websites about various uses of social media to engineer more business traffic on business websites. To know more you can visit simpletexting.com.
Tagged as: Marketing, SMS